You ask an important question about Changing Negative Beliefs and if you are struggling with success than you’re on the right track.
Have you ever heard the saying that “beliefs create the fact?” Simply stated that your outer world is a reflection of your inner world and that if you desire to change yourself on the outside, your life, relationships, finances, whatever… You must first change yourself on the inside!
Our minds are extremely powerfully, probably more so than you could possibly imagine. When we set goals, focus on what we want and concentrate while also working (daily) through planning and action, success in achieving our desires is certain.
Why Do People Fail To Achieve Even When They Do Set Goals?
This is an interesting question and a situation that does occur in certain individuals.This is where our beliefs will have a negative effect on our goal setting and ultimately our ability to achieve.
- Clarity: Deciding what you want is the first step by getting clear.
- Setting Goals: It’s now time to set some goals around your desire.
- Planning: Creating a plan, a step-by-step process that will give you some kind of roadmap to work through.
- Belief: You need to actually believe that you will succeed in your endeavors.
- Action: This is the action part of the process, action, action and more action.
Point number 4 is where the majority of failure occurs. Remember what I stated earlier in this article that your outer world will reflect on your inner world. If a person is struggling with the concept of success and ultimately feels doomed for failure, this will be a big roadblock on their way to achievement.
Changing Negative Beliefs…
This is a big one and the ability to change negative beliefs has to do with the amount of resistance to change that one may experience. Depending on this resistance it can be an easy task or extremely challenging. As I said it depends on the individual and how easily they can change.
If you had to ask me for advice on re-shaping negative beliefs I would start in a few areas but ultimately would advise to work with some kind of coach and I know this because I am a life coach and understand what it takes to change.
My Advice For Changing Beliefs
- Improve self-awareness through reading articles, books and going to seminars. Understanding can help you change.
- Affirmations as in uncovering the beliefs that hold you back and then rewriting them in the affirmative on a daily basis for at least 3 months.
- Visualizing on a regular basis what you want your life to be like and focusing on past achievements.
- Listening to audio programs on a daily basis can do wonders for changing your thinking.
- Hanging around positive successful people
- Ultimately getting some life coaching as this will almost guarantee a break through in whatever holds someone back. At some point we need to realize that we just cant do it alone no matter how hard we try.
I hope you found this article helpful on changing negative beliefs. Always remember that you have more potential than you could possibly use in a lifetime but you need to know how to use it.
As usual thanks for reading,